ABOUT PTM EQUIPMENT
Our equipment is built to last, with lifetime warranties on all our frames and welds. Our fabricated steel and aluminum products have endured more than 20 years of use by many agencies.
Each component has been specifically designed with portability, ease of use, and durability in mind. We offer a wide range of products and can also design and manufacture custom products based on your specific needs.
Our unique, patented Physical Control Simulator (formerly called the Power Training Machine) was designed by exercise physiologists to accurately represent the basic gross muscular functions of the dynamic pulling and pushing forces that law enforcement officers experience during physical-control situations.
We design and manufacture a wide range of products used in numerous other physical ability tests across North America and around the world. And because our products are protected by patents and intellectual property rights, we are the sole source of this equipment.
Any pre-employment or in-service physical ability test must be defensible in court. This is only achieved through thorough research which contains content, criterion, and construct validity. Standardization contributes to a test’s validity, and our standardized equipment is a critical part in that.
Utilizing PTM Equipment’s standardized testing components together with well established, validated testing protocols will greatly assist your agency in reducing its vicarious liability, avoiding litigation, and ensuring that the fitness standards of your applicants meet the minimum requirements for law enforcement officers as identified in our research.
Here are some of our customers:
- BC Law Enforcement Departments and the Justice Institute of BC for their POPAT, SOPAT, COPAT programs
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) for their PARE programs
- Ontario Police and Corrections programs for their PREP standards test
- Winnipeg Police Department for their POPAT programs
- Saskatchewan Police Departments for their POPAT programs
- Alberta Police Departments for their PARE and A-PREP standardized programs
- Quebec Police Departments for their Physical Abilities Testing Programs
- NYPD (New York Police Department) for their JST Physical Abilities Test standards programs
- Oregon State Police Departments for their ORPAT Standardized programs
- Arkansas State Police
- Montana Highway Patrol
- Utah Highway Patrol
- Numerous other large (Colleges and Universities throughout Canada, YMCA/YWCA) and small businesses who provide preparatory fitness and training programs for Law Enforcement Agencies.
I just wanted to thank you for the oppourtunity that you gave me to run the POPAT the other week. You were really helpful, especially with your instructions on the push and you made me feel a million times less anxious about it. I was able to run it in 3:30 and it was the first time that my legs didn't feel like lead right from the start. Thanks!
~ Julia G. (Sept. 2010)