Physical Ability Readiness Evaluation
The PARE is the standardized physical ability test used by the RCMP, CBSA, and a number other agencies. It is based on the POPAT protocols, design, and research, but has different standards. It is considered an easier version of the POPAT.
LEPAT conducts practice PARE sessions for all agencies, and offers official PARE testing for all agencies except the RCMP.
Some of the other law enforcement agencies using the PARE are:
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)* (Click for more info on CBSA Testing)
- Alberta Sheriffs
- Alberta Parks
- BC Conservation Officer Service
- BC Corps of Commissionaires
- Canada Parks
- CP Police (accept both PARE and POPAT)
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO)
- Manitoba Conservation Service
Looking to improve your fitness for the test? Check out our Prepare to Protect training program!
Know Your Test